Sending link on
Didn’t receive the Download Link?
Scan the QR Code and Download the WinZO App on your phone. Get Rs. 550 sign-up bonus and play with 10cr+ Users
Carrom is an extremely popular game, especially in India and South East Asia. Although there are variations in the game, largely we follow international guidelines. Carrom board rules are very easy to decipher once you start playing the game. All you have to do is to get the WinZO app on your phone and read the carrom game rules.
We offer carrom board game rules so that you become an expert and ace the game once you understand the rules to play carrom.
Key Carrom Board Game Rules
Find below rules of Carrom Board game that will help you to win the game easily
Here the Key Carrom Board Game Rules
- WinZO offers an online multiplayer feature for carrom where you will be able to compete against random opponents. There are several advantages to playing online carrom games with different players.
- Break-In is a player's opening shot of the game. So, the major goal of the break-in is to distribute these game pieces away from the queen and around the board.
- Each player has only one chance.
- If a player pockets a game piece, he is offered another chance.
- This will continue until he is unable to pocket a game piece.
- If the game is a doubles match, the turns are taken anti-clockwise from right to left.
Understanding key carrom board rules
In every round, the aim of the players is to use the striker and hit the coins of the respective colours into the board's pockets. The objective of the carrom game is to sink all of your coins in any of the pockets before your opponent. As explained earlier, you will continue to take turns as long you keep pocketing your carrom coins.
- Every game will have 29 points.
- The queen will be counted as 5 points and all other coins will carry 1 point.
- Each time you pocket a queen you have to pocket a coin of colour that you have picked and it will act as a cover.
- In a game, there will be eight breaks, which are started by the person who wins the coin toss. (Then after the optional brake system).
- The person who reaches 29 points first will win.
- The winner will be determined after the 9th break if the points remain the same after 8 breaks.
Frequently Asked Questions about Carrom Rules
A turn may have one or more strikes for a player. First to pocket all the coins of his chosen color and the queen wins the game. To win the queen, the player must pocket one of his chosen coins immediately as a cover. However, if the queen is pocketed, but then you do not have any cover, you will have to return the queen back on the board.
Carrom rules are fairly simple. You have to aim to pocket the coins of your choice before your opponents and this should include the Queen.
A penalty piece is returned to the center along with the opponent's piece, regardless of whether the Queen has been covered.